General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User atj003
(committed) Thu 22-Nov-12 22:24:43
Print Post

master socket needs changing?

[link to this post]

Going to get the keys of the new house tomorrow and noticed the master socket is not only halfway up the wall for some reason!! LOL.

but it looks a REALLY old Socket its got the symbol of a T with like little bubbles coming off the T.guessing thats going to need changing?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 22-Nov-12 22:29:52
Print Post

Re: master socket needs changing?

[re: atj003] [link to this post]

If its a split faceplate and just old then does not neccessarily need changing and other than half way up the wall, if you disconnect ring wire to extensions should be more than fine for ADSL purposes

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 22-Nov-12 23:24:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Building Regs and the Local Authorities interpreting them are now insisting on phone sockets being located at least 500mm off the floor but below 1200mm in line with the rules for sockets and light switches! I have even come across one authority who insisted that TV aerial sockets were also met those rules.

Absolutely ridiculous in a lot of cases and I had to argue about mine when an extension was built.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User atj003
(committed) Fri 23-Nov-12 07:54:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thank you smile
  Print Thread

Jump to