General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User joha71
(newbie) Sat 08-Dec-12 13:19:14
Print Post

Switching provider

[link to this post]

I've joined TalkTalk for phone & broadband and they've organised engineer for 21st December. They told me to cancel Sky which I did. Told by Sky 14 days notice for phone and 30 days notice for TV. This was 2 weeks ago. Still have phone and broadband. Went to chat to Sky advisor and both phone and TV are due to stop on 26th December. Will the engineer still be able to switch over to TalkTalk on 21st December?

J Harrison
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 08-Dec-12 13:30:56
Print Post

Re: Switching provider

[re: joha71] [link to this post]

Yes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.7/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User joha71
(newbie) Sat 08-Dec-12 15:18:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you

J Harrison

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Dec-12 16:49:35
Print Post

[re: joha71] [link to this post]

As above,

Yes because the likelyhood is you'll be taken from sky's equipment to the equipment for Talk Talk so the connection will be killed anyway. Problems only sometimes pop up on the 20/1CN networks but even then when the Migration is conirmed the losing ISP does the final bill

So if your going froM llu TO llu then no problems. Sky will simply bill you on the 26th for whatever may be owing. When I left Sky I got a credit.
  Print Thread

Jump to