General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User torwalk
(newbie) Wed 16-Jan-13 19:58:15
Print Post

Broadband not available?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I currently have my line and broadband with talk talk, I've never been able to pick up a wireless service for more than 2 pages at a time so after 5 months of arguing I have finally got them to agree that I can leave with no charge, as I have been asking to cancel since my 2nd day with them. My neighbours have BT with perfect wireless signal, even in my house. So, I've tried to sign up with BT and the website says that my exchange either doesn't support it or is being upgraded. I gave them a call and they said that their checks show my line speed is so slow it could not support broadband. I can sign up anyway and take the chance, but I'll be locked into a contract and won't be able to cancel it if they can't provide a service.
I've just done an online check with both Sky and Plusnet, both come back the same as BT. So now I don't know what to do. Do I just keep checking to see when it will work on my line? Talk talk came out and replaced a part of my line outside the building when they were trying to get it all working for me, could this be causing the problem? I'm not very techy so nice simple answers would be great smile
Thanks in advance.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 16-Jan-13 21:34:56
Print Post

Re: Broadband not available?

[re: torwalk] [link to this post]

I can sign up anyway and take the chance, but I'll be locked into a contract and won't be able to cancel it if they can't provide a service.
Not so. Contract law 101.

I was confused by your reference to "never been able to pick up a wireless service" which is potentially just a router issue, as opposed to an ADSL / line speed issue. Which router do you have, and can you see the upload / download speeds on its web interface on 192.168.1.1 or whatever

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
  Print Thread

Jump to