General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Alex1M6
(regular) Tue 22-Jan-13 16:07:48
Print Post

FTTC gone from wholesale checker - yet I already have fibre?

[link to this post]

Anyone have an explanation on this one?

I am currently on FTTC (Sky 40/10) and have been for almost a year now when my cabinet went live. I read about how BT have changed their wholesale checker and went to take a look and noticed that the entry for FTTC now read it will be available on January 22nd (today).

Just checked it again today and any mention of FTTC has completely vanished! (this also includes various ISP's own availability checkers).

What would cause FTTC to suddenly not be available? Could it be the cabinet is full or something else?

Again, I am already on fibre and have been for almost a year now since my cabinet became live last April, but am just wondering why FTTC has been removed from online checkers.

Thanks.

Edited by Alex1M6 (Tue 22-Jan-13 16:15:10)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Jan-13 17:43:25
Print Post

Re: FTTC gone from wholesale checker - yet I already have fi

[re: Alex1M6] [link to this post]

If this is by telephone number, it may be because BT Wholesale have no visibility of the phone line, what does the address checker say?

Most ISP checkers are based on the BT Wholesale one, Sky and TalkTalk should reflect their situation obviously

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alex1M6
(regular) Tue 22-Jan-13 18:02:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

This is using the address checker, it doesn't say anything for phone number.

My point is that it used to give fibre information and has done for almost a year, just wondering why they would remove that information if the cabinet has been enabled for some time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Jan-13 18:18:09
Print Post

[re: Alex1M6] [link to this post]

It is possible the cabinet is full and thus not accepting orders until a new one, or more line cards are added

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alex1M6
(regular) Wed 23-Jan-13 06:53:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just checked it this morning and it now states FTTC will be available again on 05-Feb-13.

God knows what they are upto. Mind you this area is pathetic for plain old ADSL as the exchange is a good few miles away, so I guess the take up for FTTC on my cabinet might be quite high.
  Print Thread

Jump to