General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Feb-13 14:26:52
Print Post

Increasing the upload for retail market 1 connections

[link to this post]

As subject states , isn't it about time BTO upped the upload for retail connections on Market 1 exchanges , its not like they cant , as there is already a product that has a faster upload .

Now i don't like crying to much but it seems well over due that retail Market 1 customers have to suffer a artificially restricted upload speed whilst also having to pay through the nose to have the connection in the first place .

Anybody that wants to have a rant as well that's also on a market 1 exchange and has to suffer a 448Kbps upload or pay through the nose for the premium prioritized product is perfectly with in their rights to do so .

Allot of political ball swinging has been made about closing the digital divide and something to me that seems easy to implement ( who am i kidding ) and would potentially nearly double user uploads is not being done .

Edited by woweebert (Tue 19-Feb-13 14:33:47)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 19-Feb-13 14:34:28
Print Post

Re: Increasing the upload for retail market 1 connections

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

does make you wonder why more ISPs don't make use of the Premium circuits at only £4 per month extra (+ VAT).

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Feb-13 15:50:19
Print Post

I agree, it's bad enough some people are on Market 1, 8 meg connections with little hope of improvement, the 448 kbps upload cap adds insult to injury. Sadly, in the absence of competition, there's little motivation for BT to remove the upload cap, at least not without additional fleecing charge.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Fri 22-Feb-13 08:07:55
Print Post

My thoughts exactly, still stuck on a market 1 exchange, 2meg line with a 448Kbps upload. It's time BT helped the less unfortunate ones.

When you read about other people complaining about the speed of their fibre connections not quite meeting their expected speeds, it does make my blood boil.
  Print Thread

Jump to