General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 07-Mar-13 08:54:50
Print Post

BT creates 1,000 fibre-broadband installation jobs

[link to this post]

BT creates 1,000 fibre-broadband installation jobs

New intake follows addition of 1,500 engineers in past year and will include 400 apprenticeships for training scheme

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 07-Mar-13 09:42:08
Print Post

Re: BT creates 1,000 fibre-broadband installation jobs

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/5740.html
smile

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-13 10:40:32
Print Post

About time too considering the number of no-shows I see reported.

I had a no-show myself for the FTTC part of line + FTTC provide. The follow up appointment was 3 weeks later so I cancelled the whole deal and stayed on cable.

Just by chance the other day I checked on their offers now - they've binned my address presumably in retaliation to me cancelling the order which they failed to deliver on. A postcode search on BT (and Sky which I checked out of interest) accepts 68 and 72 on my postcode but not my address which is 70.

The product is probably good but Openreach are totally unaccountable to anybody.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User somerset
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 10:47:48
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Is on Royal Mail http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder ?
Standard User bgriffiths
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 11:05:41
Print Post

Wish they would send some fttp trained engineers this way, been waiting > 2 years since our area was first scheduled
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-13 11:40:52
Print Post

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by somerset:
Is on Royal Mail http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder ?

Yes. It's on every postcode database I've ever had to enter my address/postcode for... except BT's. May they rot in hell.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 07-Mar-13 20:22:20
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

yeah its not just the no shows but also the bad waiting times as you pointed out.

If they offered you a new appointment say 24 hours after the no show and also properly fully refunded your install fee (which in my opinion would be reasonable) I bet you would have gave them another chance.

In my case I had a circa 2 month wait for install following my order which made me escalate it to the BT executive office.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-13 22:27:26
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

It was a free install anyway. I'd waited three weeks for the initial install and cancelled cable for two weeks after the install. That meant I had to call VM anyway or lose the internet for at least a week and possibly more if they cba to turn up for the new appointment either.

What really concerned me was that it had been a duff line on ADSL which they failed to fix in 5 visits that made me switch to cable in the first place so if it was taking 3 weeks to get an install and the line problem was in that final segment how long would they take to fix that?

Of course cable is far from perfect too but has been OK quite a while now since the long period of high congestion that made me consider BT again.
  Print Thread

Jump to