General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Mar-13 23:11:33
Print Post

Adding a phone socket with WLR providers

[link to this post]

If a customer is with a WLR provider, is it the WLR provider's responsibility to provide access to the full range of Openreach services, e.g. additional phone sockets, or is it up to the WLR provider what they want to offer?

I ask because someone I know wants Openreach to fit an additional phone socket, but PlusNet say they don't offer that, and of course Openreach wouldn't deal direct with customers. Would BT Retail handle this despite them being PlusNet phone customers?

(Note: I know Openreach are expensive, let's just assume they have the money and want it this way)

Oliver.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Mar-13 23:49:51
Print Post

Re: Adding a phone socket with WLR providers

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Do you mean an extension with a linebox ? If that's what you mean, then the telephony provider should be able to order that with openreach , if bt retail are able to do that then all the other WRL providers can, maybe a case of who at plusnet they asked wasn't aware of this

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 00:03:09
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Do you mean an extension with a linebox ? If that's what you mean, then the telephony provider should be able to order that with openreach , if bt retail are able to do that then all the other WRL providers can, maybe a case of who at plusnet they asked wasn't aware of this

Yeah, often the way, you have to ask several times to find someone who knows what's what. Perhaps if they say something generic like "engineer please, I accept that it will cost money" then that would do it.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 07:16:08
Print Post

As Tommy said, it is down to your chosen voice service provider to arrange this with Openreach, if that's what you want.

Seems like no one wants the responsibility of extension wiring these days, which is hardly surprising looking at the issues it can so often cause.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 08:09:39
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
As Tommy said, it is down to your chosen voice service provider to arrange this with Openreach, if that's what you want.

So the service provider is within its rights not to offer the service via Openreach, meaning the customer could not have this done by Openreach?

Oliver.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 08:30:45
Print Post

So the service provider is within its rights not to offer the service via Openreach, meaning the customer could not have this done by Openreach?

That, I would think, is not not right. If you want an extension fitted, and want it done by your CP, then it's down to them to arrange this via Openreach.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 08:34:38
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
That, I would think, is not not right. If you want an extension fitted, and want it done by your CP, then it's down to them to arrange this via Openreach.

Ok, thanks.

Slightly similar to the Phone Book issue, whereby I believe all WLR customers are entitled to a printed copy under the terms of the CP's contract with Openreach, yet PlusNet say they don't offer it.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 17-Mar-13 08:35:17
Print Post

Looks that way Oliver. It isn't in the Plusnet pricelist. Which is just silly. Probably nobody thought of it when creating the service.

Umm - same with O2 apparently. (If you can only see the question, scroll down).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Mar-13 08:38:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I feel this is a downside of moving away from BT from line rental. BT Retail offer the full array of Openreach services, whereas other WLR providers are not so switched on.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 17-Mar-13 09:02:41
Print Post

I got half way through searching Sky, but that's a nightmare. Got to go for now though.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to