General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 04-Apr-13 06:26:08
Print Post

Re: DSL Error Help

[re: Vince730i] [link to this post]

hopefully in a new thread wink

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 12:03:24
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Afternoon all. Here are the Stats for the last 24 hours. I've not had any LoS
During this time, but that could change tonight, although I hope it doesn't smile

Broadband State: Connected
Internet State: Connected
Time Connected: 1 day 00:10:20
Downstream Rate: 15852kbps
Upstream Rate: 1235kbps

Status
Configured Current
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Fast Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.5(ADSL2+)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 1235 (Kbps.)
Downstream 15852 (Kbps.)
Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 6.4 dB 6.1 dB
Line Attenuation 17.6 dB 32.5 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 12.3 dBm 0.0 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0
Interleaved Path FEC Correction NA NA
Fast Path CRC Error 316529 69
Interleaved Path CRC Error NA NA
Loss of Signal Defect 0 0
Fast Path HEC Error STR 1091309 69
Interleaved Path HEC Error NA NA
Error Seconds 16745 74
Statistics
Received Cells 4289744
Transmitted Cells 35467707
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Apr-13 12:20:45
Print Post

Still looking pretty good smile

There were a couple of LoS last night: "Loss of Signal Defect 2 0"
- nothing significant and they may be deleted them from the stats at intervals?

It's possible you may get a resync at some point soon and be switched from fastpath to interleaved due to the error rates...if that does happen ping bbc.co.uk just to check the latency.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 12:56:55
Print Post

To be honest, after the first OR Engineer visit, I fully expected to be switched to Interleaved at some point during the massive LoS and high ES's, but it didn't happen. It stayed on Fast Path and that really did surprise me. I think the 2 LoS were due to EE doing a line test, but I'm not sure.
I'm guessing that should I be switched to Interleaved, I will notice a big loss in D/L speeds?
I say this as when I was on Iterleaved when my EE BB was activated, my speeds would be anywhere between 3.5 and 5.5 and on a weekend (usually a Sunday) I would struggle to get 2meg.
Is there anything I can do or try to reduce the high amount of ES's ?
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Apr-13 13:13:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
...Is there anything I can do or try to reduce the high amount of ES's ?

Well the DSL connection is holding and you are using the test socket so at this point it's just a case of monitoring and waiting to see what happens. If the DSL starts to drop frequently even when you are on interleaved, use an alternative router/ADSL lead/micro filter then it's probably a job for an OR SFI engineer to investigate. However we certainly haven't got to that stage yet smile

Edit: Interleaving will not reduce your downstream sync speed significantly but I believe your upstream sync speed will be reduced markedly on 21CN WBC. Generally pings will be longer also.

Edited by 4M2 (Thu 04-Apr-13 13:20:50)

Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 13:47:54
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Think I'm already suffering an information overload which is why I would rather buy a new router instead of trying to reflash a Sky branded one smile

You're all safe for now smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Apr-13 14:05:08
Print Post

Why not just try the Siemens router that you already have for starters? Altho' I see no evidence there is anything wrong with this one.

It's all a bit psycological. It's only that this router reports error stats that you are aware of them. Some don't! On Netgears you don't see them immediately thro' the normal GUI.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 14:08:50
Print Post

Interesting. What might of changed that caused my D/L speed to increase so much ?

I thought the lower speeds were due to the Interleaved setting capping speeds on long lines which gives a more stable connection and holds the D/L speeds lower.

I was also hoping that the ES's would level off a bit, but it looks like they haven't yet.
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Apr-13 14:15:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
Interesting. What might of changed that caused my D/L speed to increase so much ?

I thought the lower speeds were due to the Interleaved setting capping speeds on long lines which gives a more stable connection and holds the D/L speeds lower.

I was also hoping that the ES's would level off a bit, but it looks like they haven't yet.

Downstream noise margin from ~15dB to ~6db smile

Error seconds don't appear to be occuring in bursts so your DSL is holding - see how it goes tonight during your normally problematic Thursday evenings...
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 14:15:51
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The Siemens router is Sky branded. I get what you're saying though.

I did discuss the ES's with EE yesterday and he could see them from his end, but was passing it though the Fault Management team so they could take a look at them - not heard from them since smile
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to