General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Apr-13 14:31:14
Print Post

Re: DSL Error Help

[re: Vince730i] [link to this post]

Ah, I thought you meant the old Orange Siemens router.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 15:53:04
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Sorry if I caused any confusion with the router. To be honest, it all seems to be holding well and the speed is incredible from what I was used to smile

Regarding the Ping issue. The ping . bbc returned a ping of 88.7.
Speedtest . net 127 and the BTw speedtester 33.13

I don't know who to believe smile
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 19:58:41
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I forgot about the NM coming down - so that explains my speed smile still confused over the 3 different Ping results. BTw Speedtester being the lowest at 33.13ms.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Apr-13 20:45:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
...still confused over the 3 different Ping results. BTw Speedtester being the lowest at 33.13ms.

Try 'tracert bbc.co.uk' (without the inverted commas) from Windows Command Prompt and copy&paste the results if you get a chance - right click > edit > mark > highlight > edit > copy > paste, etc. from the top of the Command Prompt window.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 23:25:08
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I will give that a go tomorrow smile its not worth it tonight as my speeds are all over the place and I'm guessing that because of the 10 day Stabilisation. 0.37 D/L 0.63 U/L and 204ms ping.
I really didn't expect stabilisation to reduce the speed so low, but the upside... No Signal Losses as of yet smile

Would it hurt to reboot the router ? Or is it best to just leave it and see if the speeds pick up ?

Edited by Vince730i (Thu 04-Apr-13 23:28:18)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 00:11:55
Print Post

I will give that a go tomorrow smile its not worth it tonight as my speeds are all over the place and I'm guessing that because of the 10 day Stabilisation. 0.37 D/L 0.63 U/L and 204ms ping.
I really didn't expect stabilisation to reduce the speed so low, but the upside... No Signal Losses as of yet smile

Would it hurt to reboot the router ? Or is it best to just leave it and see if the speeds pick up ?

What sort of results are you getting from the BT speed tester?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 05-Apr-13 00:21:59
Print Post

... my speeds are all over the place and I'm guessing that because of the 10 day Stabilisation
You've mentioned this several times.

I'm afraid the 10 days doesn't work like that. It might make the occasional connection (sync) speed adjustment, usually downwards, but it doesn't cause anything like what you are reporting.

There is a serious problem somewhere, but at the moment I can't think what it might be.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 00:35:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You probably read that the OP's ISP fault management team are apparemtly aware of issues and they are investigating...

Starting to look like try another router and if no improvement then an SFI might be needed?
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 02:10:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've never seen such a huge variation with the speeds as this before - and I took it for granted that its because I've been in stabilisation for the best part of 30 days with the odd break of a day or two.

Interestingly enough. EE are refusing to look into the issue as they have told me "We will not class this issue as a fault as you are in the stabilisation period" so I asked if we could add some notes to the fault that the OR Engineer came out for on the 2nd if April, and I was a little surprised to hear that EE fault Management Team have since "closed the fault down as its been rectified."

In will have to wait until12th of April now before they will investigate again.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Apr-13 08:48:33
Print Post

There is no stabilisation period of 30 days.

Wbc speeds can go up or down every time a resync occurs depending on

Current rf noise present
Target noise margin
Any banding applied
Changes in line eg drying or dampening joint

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to