General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 12:31:49
Print Post

Re: DSL Error Help

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

This is my 3rd time of being in Stabilisation. 1 When my BB was activated,, 2, when the first engineer had been out and 3, the second engineer visit. So because of this, I have found it very difficult to recovers how stable my BB is running. Even more so when EE seem to think that no issue I call with will be raised as a fault until I am out of stabilisation.
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 12:46:12
Print Post

[re: Vince730i] [link to this post]

I may be wrong (usually am smile ) but I think a new stabilization/training period will only start again if your line is formally reset, if the line has not been reset the exchange kit will be constantly monitoring your line after the first 10 days and resyncs and adjustments may occur due to noise events or frequently perceived interruptions of the DSL connection.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 12:53:27
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Both OR Engineers did reset it at the exchange, although the first one said "it will stabilise in 48 hours and the speed at this point will be the speed it will stay at."

The 2nd OR Engineer said I will have to sit out the 10 days and my line will support 9.7meg. He also said that my speed during the 10 days shouldn't drop below 4meg, but it might re-sync.

I've not looked at the Stats this morning, but will post them shortly smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Apr-13 12:54:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
This is my 3rd time of being in Stabilisation. 1 When my BB was activated,, 2, when the first engineer had been out and 3, the second engineer visit.
How do you know that you were put in a 10 day training period after the 2 eng visits? Did your ISP tell you so? The eng wouldn't know regardless of what he told you.

It needs to be formally recommenced by the ISP/BTw. An eng visit is not a trigger.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:01:04
Print Post

I'm still intrigued by what happened on the 2nd April after the engineer's vist: a while after he left the stats improved dramatically - I wonder if he went to the cabinet or to the exchange and did something.

Unfortunately engineers' reports tend to by like medical records and the patient rarely sees them frown
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:11:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Both Engineers told me I would be. And whenever I call EE with a problem they tell me I'm in stabilisation. I'm kind of concerned that if I've not been in stabilisation, what is going on with my hugely fluctuating speeds

I've never been told by the fault management team that I'm in stabilisation. I've only ever been told by Customer Services and and both OR Engineers.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:16:33
Print Post

Is it worth me giving EE a cal and asking if the Engineerwent to the cabinet or exchange?
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:18:12
Print Post

Probably some confusion in terminology regarding the constant monitoring of your line for stability and "best speed possible" by the exchange kit and the so called 10 day training period...
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:22:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
Is it worth me giving EE a cal and asking if the Engineerwent to the cabinet or exchange?

No, wouldn't bother - I think you said in a post just now, which I missed, that both engineers went to the exchange and did some work on your line.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:30:33
Print Post

I have no idea if either of the Engineers went to the exchange or street cabinet. Both Engineers said that when they do all the tests on my line it will reset it. I'm confused smile
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to