General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:30:39
Print Post

Re: DSL Error Help

[re: Vince730i] [link to this post]

In both cases probably just did their job and the variations are down to the ongoing ability of WBC connections to vary their speed.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:35:54
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Sorry. I did say that in my post, but didn't realise that they can't reset it from my home. I was going off what they both said about resetting my line - so I assumed that they must of triggered something at the exchange once the tests had been completed. Neither Engineer said they were going to the exchange after testing my line. Sorry for the confusion.
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 13:52:11
Print Post

Broadband State: Connected
Internet State: Connected
Time Connected: 2 days 01:33:25
Downstream Rate: 15852kbps
Upstream Rate: 1235kbps

Status
Configured Current
Line Status --- SHOWTIME
Link Type --- Fast Path
Operation Mode Automatic G992.5(ADSL2+)
Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate
Upstream 1235 (Kbps.)
Downstream 15852 (Kbps.)
Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 5.9 dB 6.0 dB
Line Attenuation 17.6 dB 32.5 dB
Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator
Output Power 12.3 dBm 0.0 dBm
Fast Path FEC Correction 0 0
Interleaved Path FEC Correction NA NA
Fast Path CRC Error 1443154 145
Interleaved Path CRC Error NA NA
Loss of Signal Defect 2 0
Fast Path HEC Error STR 5461786 136
Interleaved Path HEC Error NA NA
Error Seconds 48613 133
Statistics
Received Cells 49391932
Transmitted Cells 19947045

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 14:00:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vince730i:
Both OR Engineers did reset it at the exchange

Possibly best if we use the term "re-train" - guess you could check wheher your line was "retrained" after the most recent engineer's visit if you are still uncomfortable with the BB performance...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Apr-13 14:06:29
Print Post

Sync speeds are good but ES still ramping up + 2 LoS.

Have you tried swapping filters?

Time to start posting speed test results with the router stats, so we can see how these errors affect your actual throughput.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 14:30:23
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Time to start posting speed test results with the router stats, so we can see how these errors affect your actual throughput.

Yep, BT speed tester results might be good since the ISP may have a record of those (?) or at least give them some serious consideration smile
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 21:32:01
Print Post

Well. I must thank you all for your help and advice and sorry for any confusion recently - also sorry for repeating myself smile

I have just had a very long call to EE's Fault Management Team who have finally agreed that there is a serious problem. When I quoted the HEC, CRC and ES's he told me "that's impossible!" So I logged into my router (using my phone) and took a screenshot (for future reference) and my ES's are at around 55,000 at this moment. Anyway, I am not in "re-train" at this moment and neither of the OR Engineers have been to the exchange. EE are "remotely" trying to repair the issues at the exchange and will call me back within 48 hours. It's funny as at 19:39 my speedtester showed Ping 197ms 11.47 D/L and 0.53 U/L, but at 19:37 it was Ping 98 0.34 D/L 0.50 U/L and its because of this that I called them.

They seem to think that they are "Ramming too much speed down my line" and this is causing the Errors. So thanks again for your advice. Without it I wouldn't of got this far and probably just left it to do what it was doing, but I will update as soon as I hear back from them smile
Standard User Vince730i
(regular) Fri 05-Apr-13 21:37:22
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

EE seem to think that "Far End errors are way to high" I don't know if they're acceptable or not to be honest. They said "We don't concentrate on Near End Errors, only Far End."

Nice smile

Just had this email from them. Considering they will call me between 9an and 9pm, I'm guessing me and my PC will just have to get along as best we can smile

Hello,

We have an update on your broadband fault; we'll be in contact to go through some more checks with you at the time slot you gave us when you logged your fault. Please can you be at your computer for the call.

You can track the progress of your fault within Your Account.

Best Regards

Customer Support

Edited by Vince730i (Fri 05-Apr-13 21:41:49)

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 05-Apr-13 21:44:39
Print Post

Anyway, I am not in "re-train" at this moment and neither of the OR Engineers have been to the exchange. EE are "remotely" trying to repair the issues at the exchange...

They seem to think that they are "Ramming too much speed down my line" and this is causing the errors.

Sounds like they will simply cap your downstream sync by sticking the SNRM at 12dB or something like that frown

They really are a complete waste of space...if they are aware of the issues then a SFI should be booked!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Apr-13 23:05:05
Print Post

Re: DSL Error Help - EDITED

EE seem to think that "Far End errors are way to high" I don't know if they're acceptable or not to be honest. They said "We don't concentrate on Near End Errors, only Far End."
It's the Near End errors that are high; the Far End ones are minuscule by comparison, often 0. The LoS are always on Near End.

It's the Near End errors that are important; they relate to Downstream.

They are talking rubbish and must have mixed up their ends, anus about face frown.
EDIT: Or are viewing it from the exchange end.
They seem to think that they are "Ramming too much speed down my line" and this is causing the Errors.
Which contradicts "Far End".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 05-Apr-13 23:11:53)

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to