General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User LoWLatencY
(newbie) Thu 18-Apr-13 14:22:34
Print Post

Infinity... and beyond?

[link to this post]

Hi Folks,

I have placed an order for BT Infinity 2 and have been estimated the full 80/20 as I live less than 100m from my fibre cab and within a stones throw from my exchange, quite literally! Could my achievable speed actually be any more than that quoted? I have read numerous claims of people on an 80/20 profile achieving slightly more in some cases. The cab has only been live for a few weeks and when ordering I was told that I am apparently the first on my cab.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Apr-13 15:53:59
Print Post

Re: Infinity... and beyond?

[re: LoWLatencY] [link to this post]

Right now, no - the 80/20 is the highest package that Openreach will sell wholesale.

In the future, yes.

The same question is being asked and answered over on the fibre board.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Apr-13 19:05:36
Print Post

Re: Infinity... and beyond?

[re: LoWLatencY] [link to this post]

Speed tests can sometimes show higher speed than the connection. Which is impossible.

This can often be traced back to the computer using Kaspersky or Avira Internet Security suites, due to the buffering strategy those have.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to