General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vit0
(member) Sun 21-Apr-13 18:15:40
Print Post

Ordering for New Build House

[link to this post]

Hello,

I'm moving into a new build house in a few weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has had problems when ordering broadband, phone etc services due to the address being brand new and "not in the system".

I can see that BT have installed cabling to each house via new ducting, no master socket to terminated the line at present. The developer has registered the address with land registry etc but it isn't showing up on Royal Mail's address search yet.

Thanks,

Standard User kitcat
(member) Sun 21-Apr-13 18:47:52
Print Post

Re: Ordering for New Build House

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

It will be the builder that installed the ducting not BT. When Openreach come to fit the cabling they will install the master socket as well.

You will need to order the line from whoever you wish as early as possible so that all the work can be completed before or just after you move in.

The are many problems on new build estates especially for the first people to move in.

Give ALL the premises details you can, Any postcode (if exists) estate name, plot number as well as house number. Street name, builder if more than one in the estate.

Check with the seller for who to contact for access, ( Some via the Showhome if there is one).

Do not assume it will all be plain sailing so keep checking things are actually being done.
Standard User vit0
(member) Sun 21-Apr-13 19:22:58
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, I think the cabling may already be in as there is a BT branded box in the pavement and "scars" on the pavement to suggest ducting (and cabling?) has been installed back to the cabinet.

I've got a feeling the whole new address thing is going to cause massive headaches over the next few months...

Cheers,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zhango
(regular) Sun 21-Apr-13 19:42:14
Print Post

I bought a building plot to build my own house so there was no real address and I had a caravan on the plot in which to live. I ordered a line from BT and described where it was and they installed the line into the caravan with no problems. When they sent the bill it was just addressed to 'The Caravan' and the road name.
Standard User vit0
(member) Sun 21-Apr-13 19:44:29
Print Post

[re: zhango] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zhango:
When they sent the bill it was just addressed to 'The Caravan' and the road name.

Hahaha nice. Well that fills me with confidence.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Apr-13 21:16:40
Print Post

Its not a very big deal, all that happens is we (or you provider) has to build the new address, BT Wholesale then make sure they have the correct routing for the address (does sometimes require a planner out but you dont have to be home for that) and then the address goes gold and the routing is fixed, order progressed.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User partial
(member) Sun 21-Apr-13 21:18:35
Print Post

It will be fine. Openreach have a 'newsites' group that work with the developer. The developer is paid by Openreach to install the onsite ducting and internal wiring.
  Print Thread

Jump to