General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User beautygirl1972
(newbie) Wed 01-May-13 11:39:10
Print Post

upload speed

[link to this post]

hi guys been with talktalk for years even from when it was tiscali i work from home and cant get upload stream past .75 i need live streaming and need some advice and help i dont have fibre optic
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 01-May-13 11:45:04
Print Post

Re: upload speed

[re: beautygirl1972] [link to this post]

ADSL2+ normally has a limit of 1 Mbps for the upload, so if you are getting 0.75 Mbps then you are doing fairly well and probably above average.

If your downstream speeds are above 15 Mbps, then upgrading to an Annex M service, which some TalkTalk resellers can offer may help, and boost upload into the 1 to 1.5 Mbps area.

Failing that have you considered 3G/4G which can do faster uploads, but at a higher price per GB.

Another option is two bond two or more ADSL lines together to increase download and upload speeds, but pushing the cost up again.
http://www.eclipse.net.uk/bonded-dsl/benefits-of-bon...
http://www.fluidata.co.uk/products/purefluid.htm

Are two examples.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 01-May-13 11:48:41
Print Post

Welcome to the forums smile.

Two things we need to know so we can help you. It's possible you may be able to get more, but it's also possible you can't. Upstream in particular can be difficult frown.

One is your line/router stats. In particular the downstream and upstream connection speeds (might be called bandwidth or data rate), attenuations and noise margins. See here for help.

Second is the URL of what samknows says about your exchange. Your phone number may not work in there, with it being Tiscali/Talk Talk.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 02-May-13 12:27:36
Print Post

Hi beautygirl1972,

Looks as if you already have some answers above.

If you do require any support with your TalkTalk service feel free to join the TalkTalk Members Forum or tweet us @TalkTalkCare

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to