General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 24-Jul-13 12:35:04
Print Post

600 Meg down, 200 Meg up, £48 per month

[link to this post]

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/03/bt-conf...

(Comment #10)

My business in located in Birmingham, the package is their Business only fibre product (available in PARTS OF London, Birmingham and Manchester, probably elsewhere but that is where i know you can get it and have been able to for years).

The monthly price which is paid varies as the phone service is also delivered over the fibre line (only evening calls are included though that can be upgraded). The broadband side of things is something like £48 per month. Speed my organisation gets is approx 600Mb down and 200Mb up.

Install charge from what i recall (its going back a few years now, the figure is likely different now but unlikely even near what FTTPoD will cost) was something like £300 TOTAL. That included all landline phone handsets for the business, canít use standard BT ones connection at the wall is different, the fibre connection, install and router.

From AT&T apparently.

True?

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Jul-13 13:29:00
Print Post

Re: 600 Meg down, 200 Meg up, £48 per month

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Possibly true!!

Don't these guys, if you are lucky enough to be in the right area, promise 1Gb both up & down?

Regards,
John
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Wed 24-Jul-13 16:43:55
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

I think the comment is blowing smoke!

All his numbers are way too low and if you look at some of his later comments he clearly "knows nowt".

A lengthy discussion over why FTTPoD is priced on the distance from the fibre aggregation node while FTTC is a fixed price has confused them - it is simple - FTTC uses the existing copper to the cabinet while FTTPoD involves running fibre from the aggragation node to the premises.

I think the AT&T product that "may" be being touted is a VOIP system for voice installed in a location which already has a separate data connection - probably leased line where the cost of this isnt included.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 24-Jul-13 23:34:06
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

I was wondering if it was some form of line bonding, but the price is wrong, or he left out the cost of additional landlines (or maybe in a business, the cost was always there, so fair's fair).

Not sure about the Hyperoptic idea. He claims later that said provider is considering residential (if that's the case, it can't be Hyperoptic).

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.
  Print Thread

Jump to