General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User macuser
(newbie) Mon 16-Sep-13 12:28:07
Print Post

no info from bt!

[link to this post]

i live in bovey tracey ,devon.
we should be getting fibre installed and running by the end of this month( according to bts own webpages.)
naturally, i want to know the start date.
but bt won't I've me one!
with only two weeks to go, they will not release one.
according to them, because of "competition"
how can i find out when we will be on fibre?
a frustrated greg

you may find my website of interest:
http://highspeedbroadbandforboveytracey.co.uk
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 16-Sep-13 12:53:56
Print Post

Re: no info from bt!

[re: macuser] [link to this post]

Are the cabinets stood and powered?

You have a fair few cabinets on the exchange, as one number was connected to cabinet 13 and no sign of FTTC.

Where and When does Forecast September 2013, but then forecast is a future looking phrase, rather than we absolutely promise.

1. Until cabinets are stood next to existing ones
and
2. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html shows availability for a phone number I would not get too excited.

As the person on the ground, it should be easy enough to spot and track progress for the cabinets.

If this is roll-out as part of the commercial project, then BT are within rights to not release exact information on the project progress.

Roadworks.org has no information on telecoms work, which is usually a good indicator of what is happening.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 16-Sep-13 13:05:28
Print Post

Re: no info from bt!

[re: macuser] [link to this post]

You say you are expecting FTTP. Is that correct, or are you expecting FTTC with an option for FTTPoD? In which case an extra £120 over FTTC doesn't sound realistic.

FTTP and FTTPoD are not fed from the green cabinets. Only FTTC is.

If it is FTTPoD you are asking BT about, then it's no surprise they aren't giving dates. Is BDUK involved?

Incidentally, there is a Fibre Broadband forum on this site. Your next thread would probably be more suited to that one smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to