General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Solivagus
(newbie) Thu 19-Sep-13 20:05:13
Print Post

Using old Plusnet router with TalkTalk

[link to this post]

Hi, bit baffled. Have just moved house, and in doing moved from Plusnet to TalkTalk.

However, TalkTalk screwed up the shipping of the new router, and it's still somewhere between Inverness and the local distribution centre.

But then (after sending angry emails) I thought "Maybe I can reconfigure my old Plusnet router to get online?".

So, I plugged in the router, ready to have to fiddle with all sorts of exciting settings, turned on my laptop, and voila, I'm online.... I've not changed anything - just plugged in my Plusnet router into the phone-socket at the new house, and am now online through TalkTalk.

Can somebody explain this to me? Because to me, it makes no sense at all!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Sep-13 20:10:01
Print Post

Re: Using old Plusnet router with TalkTalk

[re: Solivagus] [link to this post]

No real user authentication so as long as talktalk kit at exchange they know who you sre by the line that is plugged in

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Solivagus
(newbie) Thu 19-Sep-13 20:35:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers for the quick reply - so does that mean that I'd be fine to just keep using this router even when the shiny new TalkTalk router does finally arrive?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Sep-13 21:02:41
Print Post

[re: Solivagus] [link to this post]

Yeap

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to