General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 13-Oct-13 00:26:14
Print Post

I wanna cry

[link to this post]

I just re-read the full list of instructions for the BT Wholesale Performance Test.

Many are ridiculous for normal use, such as rebooting your modem, but what about this beauty?
Before beginning the test, please ensure:

8. Please note, it can take up to 10 days for your broadband line to train up to its full speed. So bear in mind that any speed test during this period may not reflect the true long-term speed of your broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ryant704
(member) Sun 13-Oct-13 01:05:18
Print Post

Re: I wanna cry

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

aka MSR.
Standard User flippery
(committed) Sun 13-Oct-13 10:17:43
Print Post

Re: I wanna cry

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I just re-read the full list of instructions for the BT Wholesale Performance Test.

Many are ridiculous for normal use, such as rebooting your modem, but what about this beauty?
Before beginning the test, please ensure:

8. Please note, it can take up to 10 days for your broadband line to train up to its full speed. So bear in mind that any speed test during this period may not reflect the true long-term speed of your broadband.

No more ridiculous than some of the suggestions on Thinkbroadband forums.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to