General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Oct-13 19:11:53
Print Post

IPstream based servies

[link to this post]

When doing the normal BT check on a line, its popping up the message below as part of the results. How would I know if the services I am using are IPstream. (ok not for the house but for work services) and will services just stop on the 31-jan-2014?

"The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Jan-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2014."

IanD
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Oct-13 19:20:29
Print Post

Re: IPstream based servies

[re: iand] [link to this post]

The IPStream is only withdrawn in exchanges where WBC (ADSL2+) is available and providers can give you an identical looking product on the newer (and cheaper for the provider) platform.

Providers are notified all about these dates and given ample time to move people to the more modern platform.

But yes if an ISP has refused to move a service away from the old IPStream hardware it will stop working when BT Wholesale turn the DSLAM off and then remove it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Oct-13 18:53:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I just wonder how many backup lines are going to be cut off and will not then be there when needed. I suppose its all in the letter sent to the ISP.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-Oct-13 20:36:41
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Correct the ISP should be doing the switchover transparently to the end user.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to