General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User digitaldanuk
(newbie) Tue 22-Oct-13 16:59:47
Print Post

Active phone line, BT says yes to broadband, Plusnet says no

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

I am having a massive problem with getting phone and broadband at my new address (where i have been for 2 months now)

To cut a very long story short, the situation I am in now is as follows:

Phone only provider: New Call Telecom (9 months remaining on contract)
Local exchange is BT Wholesale ADSL and BT Wholesale ADSL Max only (sadly not unbundled)

Broadband provider: None

An openreach engineer came to my house today and connected up my phone line so it is now active. I have tested it, and works beautifully.

So I was hoping to go onto plusnet and get a "Broadband Only" service but their website is reporting that broadband is not available in my area... but SamKnows reports it is (see local exchange info above).

I contact plusnet and they too seem confused as to why i can't get plusnet broadband only.

I go to BT Broadband pages and go through the motion and that lets me order a phone+broadband package without any problems at all but as I already have a phone service, i'd rather just get broadband only from plusnet.

Can anyone suggest any reason why plusnet is saying no to broadband but bt is saying it's ok?

On both bt and plusnet i entered my newly activated telephone number and postcode.

Thanks guys
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Oct-13 17:10:24
Print Post

Re: Active phone line, BT says yes to broadband, Plusnet say

[re: digitaldanuk] [link to this post]

Perhaps their database hasn't been updated with your line having been activated today???

Alastair

plusnet
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 22-Oct-13 18:07:45
Print Post

Re: Active phone line, BT says yes to broadband, Plusnet say

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

That's what I think as well. The BT Retail one will have it as it got that when it was allocated, before installation. Probably 2-3 days to update the main databases.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 22-Oct-13 18:08:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to