General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User virgil7
(newbie) Sat 02-Nov-13 08:39:12
Print Post

Switching from Plusnet to Xilo - without a MAC key

[link to this post]

I posed this question to Eclipse + Zen + Xilo, Matt at Xilo was the only one who got back to me so I've decided to go with Xilo.

Plusnet have failed to issue me with a MAC key, don't ask me why because I've never been given a satisfactory answer.

Matt correctly states that I need a MAC key before I can place an order with Xilo for a broadband service (catch-22)

I have terminated my broadband service with Plusnet which takes place on 13.11.13 and then I will be able to order a broadband service from Xilo once my line is clear.

Except I wont be able to do that because I wont have internet access smile

So, the question is: how do I overcome this stupid problem that has been going on and on and on for far too long frown

One idea I've had is to access my Plusnet account via pay-as-you-go dial up, is that possible I wonder, has anybuddy done that, can it even be done?

Con-fused of Cornwall.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 02-Nov-13 11:12:19
Print Post

Re: Switching from Plusnet to Xilo - without a MAC key

[re: virgil7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by virgil7:
Matt correctly states that I need a MAC key before I can place an order with Xilo for a broadband service (catch-22)

I have terminated my broadband service with Plusnet which takes place on 13.11.13 and then I will be able to order a broadband service from Xilo once my line is clear.

Except I wont be able to do that because I wont have internet access smile

You could order on the phone ?? Or place the order now pending the cease.

Lots of free no contract dialup around - 0845 665 3000 http://www.uk2img.net/free_dialup/ etc

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User virgil7
(newbie) Sat 02-Nov-13 11:49:18
Print Post

Re: Switching from Plusnet to Xilo - without a MAC key

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

You could order on the phone ?? Or place the order now pending the cease.

Lots of free no contract dialup around - 0845 665 3000 http://www.uk2img.net/free_dialup/ etc

Good man Phil - Thanks! (why didn't I think of that smile

I spoke to PlusNet just a minute ago and they say my new ISP will be able to 'start the ball rolling' as soon as my cease with Plusnet takes place on the 13th.

I'll be without bb for about a week but I should survive that okay wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to