General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MikeL
(member) Sat 09-Nov-13 16:13:09
Print Post

Budget broadband

[link to this post]

Hi

I'm looking for a broadband package for my brother. They are in a house that doesn't yet have a phone line installed. It can't be too expensive per month so something cheap!

I am with Sky and pretty happy with them, I'm also thinking of talktalk, but I know a lot of people don't have much good to say about them? At least in the past, not sure about now?

Talk talk is quite a bit cheaper, 2.50 + 15.40 + a one off £50 charge to install a line but a £25 refund. (+40.40 topcashback)

Sky seems to be £5 (10 after a year) + 15.40 + 15 one off fee (+80.80 topcashback)

Any others worth considering?

Thanks
Standard User Michael_Chare
(committed) Sat 09-Nov-13 17:16:15
Print Post

Re: Budget broadband

[re: MikeL] [link to this post]

For the next 3 days, there is quite a good offer from Plusnet, if you don't mind the 18 month contract.

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 10-Nov-13 00:14:34
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

FTTC is 18 months. ADSL2+ is 12 months. I haven't worked out what Sky/TT products the OP is looking at, but they look too cheap for FTTC.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.2/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(committed) Sun 10-Nov-13 07:52:25
Print Post

[re: MikeL] [link to this post]

Morning MikeL

"They are in a house that doesn't yet have a phone line installed""

Might be worth clarifying - No phone line at all; or a phone line is present but not connected/active etc?

===================================

Aside from that, how is your own SKY BB performing now, as it is about one month since the Overhead Line was replaced?
  Print Thread

Jump to