General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mcurry73
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 18:25:41
Print Post

slow connection

[link to this post]

hi hoping someone can help me we are experiencing extremely slow connection during peak times ie between 4pm and midnight and sometimes beyond midnight on sky connect package. I've spoken to sky our provider with no great outcome they are putting it down to mearly traffic . A search on our postcode (DT27QS) states 7/8 mb connection possible and we are 1.3km from exchange and according to bt there are no issues with exchange currently green on there traffic light system. but during peak time we have seen speeds as low as 0.75mb.
I need advice as to what I can do to improve our speeds and if another provider could do that and if so who do you recommend to do this. the maximum speed available from exchange is only 8mb. thank you for reading this and hope someone can help
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 18-Nov-13 18:44:53
Print Post

Re: slow connection

[re: mcurry73] [link to this post]

Why the new thread? What's wrong with the other one?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to