General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Sun 24-Nov-13 13:17:57
Print Post

BT & Plusnet

[link to this post]

I've been thinking of changing ISP, unfortunately stuck on a Market 1 exchange, but was thinking of BT or PlusNet phone and broadband packages.

Has anyone else noticed that both of their packages only now do free Weekends and unlimited broadband? What happened to free Evenings and Weekends? Something else they've decided to charge for?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Nov-13 13:21:22
Print Post

Re: BT & Plusnet

[re: BB4Tickton] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BB4Tickton:
Has anyone else noticed that both of their packages only now do free Weekends and unlimited broadband? What happened to free Evenings and Weekends? Something else they've decided to charge for?

In a word, yes.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 24-Nov-13 14:28:57
Print Post

Even on phone only, BT have only offered inclusive weekends for a long time. I still have E & W included but it is a legacy package.

Who is your phone line with now? Plusnet don't insist on you taking their phone, but do charge broadband setup and a bit more monthly if you don't. BT insist on their line rental, though I have heard of some tied into contract elsewhere who have managed to get broadband without it.

You've checked out the higher Plusnet broadband prices for Market 1 I assume?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Sun 24-Nov-13 15:03:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

My phone line is currently with BT and I must still be on a legacy product as I still have evenings and weekends. When I tried to use BT website to just add broadband, to get the best deal it was both phone and broadband but evening calls we not included. Tried phoning them as well, same answer, wouldn't allow me to just add broadband to my current phone contract, it had to be the new deal.

Never mind, had enough of BT anyway.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sun 24-Nov-13 15:20:04
Print Post

A couple of good options depending on your phone usage.
http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/voice/phone-service...

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 24-Nov-13 21:18:24
Print Post

That's amongst the reasons that when I migrated from IDNet FTTC to ANO FTTC, I went to PlusNet not BT.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to