General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Idreamtmusic
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 19:42:50
Print Post

Review of Home Telecom

[link to this post]

Customer Review of Home Telecom

3/10
We have not had a positive experience of Home Telecom. Our internet connection kept disconnecting every 20 minutes and resetting and their customer service was very unhelpful- I was passed between 'technical support' and 'accounts' with neither being being able to help for half an hour! On one phone call this happened to me 4 times- infuriating! I would not sign up to them again.
Disappointing experience.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 03-Dec-13 19:48:03
Print Post

Re: Review of Home Telecom

[re: Idreamtmusic] [link to this post]

Why did you sign up with them?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 20:35:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Why did you sign up with them?

They were advertised at a letting agency- totally regret signing up to them,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User christine23
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 21:11:51
Print Post

Also had bad experience- bunch of cowboys - do not touch with Barge pole!!!
(newbie) Tue 03-Dec-13 22:51:29
Print Post

[re: christine23] [link to this post]

I know I agree - totally incompetent!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 03-Dec-13 23:00:29
Print Post

You should research things a little before signing up, especially based on recommendations from anyone whose job description ends in ...Agent
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/42108...

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User anjorin
(newbie) Fri 03-Oct-14 08:55:48
Print Post

Complete bunch of rogues! We recently bought our first property and our details were passed on to them by our agency. They hounded us for days with several emails everyday. Finally My wife suggested we give them a chance -the worst mistake I ever made! First they charged me £40 for providing a new line even though we inherited an existing functional line.

Our 12month contract was a nightmare! The router supplied with a funny brand name ZyXEL looks cheap and the broadband kept disconnecting intermittently every 20mins.

At the end of my excrutiating painful 12month contract with them, I called to inform them that I would not be renewing my contract, then they dropped the bombshell -I must pay them additional £40 as disconnection fee at the end of my contract!!

They threatened to leave a clause on my credit history for as long as it takes to collect the payment!!

Please please..dont touch these guys with a long pole. If you are buying a new house, or perhaps renting don't accept any recommendation from your agency!!!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 03-Oct-14 08:59:39
Print Post

[re: anjorin] [link to this post]

Nothing wrong with ZyXel. Sounds like you have a line fault.

Is the disconnection fee payable if you migrate? Ask them for a MAC.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Oct-14 09:12:26
Print Post

[re: anjorin] [link to this post]

Barring the disconnections which should have been looked at as a potential fault (assuming it wasn't caused by internal wiring) then it looks like Home Telecom have done the same things as most other suppliers.

The supplier will be charged by OpenReach for a new person taking over a line, even if that line is currently active. Therefore most suppliers pass this cost on (and for some it is over £100).

The charge for disconnecting if you aren't migrating to someone else is also standard. Many other ISPs also charge this as, again, it is a charge levied by OpenReach on the ISP.

The Zyxel, as someone else has said, is a well known router. Not used them myself but don't believe there is anything inherently bad in them. And if it is a free router then that is more than some ISPs provide - some ISPs require you to provide your own router.

They may have handled things badly but in general their policies appear no different to a number of other mainstream ISPs.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 03-Oct-14 13:09:27
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Is the disconnection fee payable if you migrate? Ask them for a MAC.
+1
Also find a different phone supplier and ask them to take over the line.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 03-Oct-14 13:10:24)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to