General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vit0
(member) Mon 30-Dec-13 23:00:10
Print Post

Get BT to update cable routing database?

[link to this post]

Hello,

From looking at Roadworks.org I've discovered that my two nearest BT PCPs are 23 and 15. My line was originally planned to be installed to PCP 23, but due to duct blockages etc they decided to take it to PCP 15. When I search my address in the BTW checker it says I'm on PCP 23.

Any ideas how I get BT to update this? I don't want any problems / delays to occur when I order FTTC in a couple of months when it's made live.

Cheers,

Lee
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Mon 30-Dec-13 23:23:27
Print Post

Re: Get BT to update cable routing database?

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

When I search my address in the BTW checker it says I'm on PCP 23.

What cab is shown if you search by the phone number, or is the installation incomplete?
Standard User vit0
(member) Wed 01-Jan-14 20:05:45
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

The phone number is now with Sky so it doesn't work frown But when it was with BT it showed PCP 23.

Cheers,

Lee

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 01-Jan-14 20:25:24
Print Post

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

I suspect that the address checker is misleading you as it expects your address to be served by one cab when in fact your line is served by another. Openreach must be aware of what e side your line s connected to in order to switch your line to sky, therefore they probably have the correct PCP associated with that e side pair . I reckon ( and hope) that if sky were to submit and order using the LLU indentifier for your line, that would have the correct routing , otherwise you will have problems. At least if it's a self install you won't have to waste a day off!
  Print Thread

Jump to