General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pouser
(regular) Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:57
Print Post

Moving from Fibre to none fibre :(

[link to this post]

I currently have an 80 Meg Fibre connection working with no problem with BT. I took out an 18 month contract in June 2013 to upgrade 40 to 80meg.
I am moving house in April 2014 and the area I am moving to is not yet Fibre enables (roll out starts March 2014 so may be several months to go)
What options would I have re the existing BT contract and moving to a BT contract at the new address bearing in mind that the Fibre may be operational within a few months. I donít want to be tied down with a contract for 2 meg when Fibre eventually appears.
I am with BT and will use BT in the future.
Thanks Steve
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Jan-14 15:33:14
Print Post

Re: Moving from Fibre to none fibre :(

[re: pouser] [link to this post]

At the wholesale level

Fibre has a 12 month minimum term
ADSL a one month minimum

So if you stay with BT you may get away with not having to pay the full term of fibre service, not fully up to speed on that section of the T&Cs.

In effect it is down to your negotiation skills.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 29-Jan-14 16:02:51
Print Post

BT will let you move to your new place without penalty - provided you ask and negotiate. You may be pushed to a 12 month contract for ADSL. However, if you are on an ADSL contract when Infinity appears, BT will allow you to upgrade without penalty but again it may need an 18 month contract. If you are planning to stay with BT then no issues there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jan-14 23:19:10
Print Post

If you want a second opinion try asking here, not sure how LONG you will have to wait for a reply from a Mod (BTDC) though tongue smile

Alastair
plusnet
  Print Thread

Jump to