General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:24:03
Print Post

Old ADSL engineer faceplate to new no bottom bit?

[link to this post]

I have an old ADSL engineer installed faceplate (from when we had the green stingray usb modems for ADSL). It fits over the master socket and both data and phone sockets are at the bottom.

I am thinking of changing this faceplate to a new VDSL faceplate. These faceplates seem to expect you to have another bit to give you the phone socket at the bottom of the faceplate which was removed when the engineer installed my current faceplate.

Is this correct and can you purchase an official phone bit faceplate from anywhere?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:28:42
Print Post

Re: Old ADSL engineer faceplate to new no bottom bit?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

You can get the small part but generally means buying a whole box e.g. £4.79 on Amazon

The old ADSL faceplates should work fine for VDSL, but if its of stingray vintage then probably getting a bit long in the tooth, but still handy in the spares shed

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:30:23
Print Post

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

from when we had the green stingray usb modems for ADSL

They were turquoise wink

It'll make little or no difference, and if you do get one, you'll need a krone tool to reterminate the extension wiring on the back, unless You have no extension wiring.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 05-Feb-14 18:37:02
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Aquamarine shirley

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to