General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User natlu
(newbie) Sat 08-Feb-14 13:06:35
Print Post

Help! ASDL issues

[link to this post]

Hi.

I am trying to change the settings on my EE BRIGHT BOX. I have a laptop that runs on Vista. I want to set it up for wi fi with the Bright Box. I have tried to set it up manually, but it didnt work. After some research, I found out that I have to set up a new passphrase key on the EE Bright Box first, and then enter this when I go to connect to wi fi via the set up dialogue box in Vista.

After some research online, I have managed to get into the status page online for the EE Brightbox, but there are no basic and advanced setting tabs on this page. I need to get into the advanced settings to carry out setting up a passphrase key...any ideas why there is no advanced tab showing on the EE status page??

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and girls. smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Feb-14 13:18:34
Print Post

Re: Help! ASDL issues

[re: natlu] [link to this post]

Try a hard reset of the router (with it switched on, press button on back with paper clip for 10s then release)

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User natlu
(newbie) Sat 08-Feb-14 14:08:49
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks, already tried that and forgot to mention it on the orignal thread. It makes no difference, as I still cant access basic or advanced setting tab on status page after resetting router with a pin.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Feb-14 14:25:40
Print Post

Have you tried a different browser?

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Sat 08-Feb-14 14:31:45
Print Post

Disconnect from any other networks and plug them in via ethernet.
Go to 192.168.1.1 and see what happens.

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 15:49:56
Print Post

This is a X=posting!

You already had your answer in thread http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/t/4303338...

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Feb-14 16:31:27
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
This is a X=posting!

You already had your answer in thread http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/t/4303338...
There's no answer in that thread.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 16:36:12
Print Post

Mine: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/dslrouter/t/4303356...

The router must be faulty if it doesn't show all 3 tabs even after a factory reset.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Feb-14 16:40:12
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Or the browser or anti-virus is blocking the web page.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 16:48:18
Print Post

Then why is it showing a page with only 1 tab instead of 3? Is it selective as to parts of pages? Never seen that.

As I've already said all 3 tabs show even when not logged in to router.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to