General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:02:12
Print Post

Re: Help! ASDL issues

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I've seen that before. Obviously not on this router.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:03:04
Print Post

[re: natlu] [link to this post]

The log-in screen looks something like this (best I can do):
E/E........................................................... Home | Login

Status | Basic Set-Up | Advanced Set-Up |

Login Screen
------------------------
Username: ____________________
Password: ____________________

...............|-------|---------|
...............|Login|Cancel|
...............|-------|---------|
Do see that before you login?

For the info of others who don't know what we are talking about. OP is saying he only sees the 'Status' tab.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 08-Feb-14 17:09:42)

Standard User natlu
(newbie) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:04:22
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help. As the Wi Fi does not work, I only have ethernet to connect into the online admin page for EE.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User natlu
(newbie) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:06:41
Print Post

Sorry. Yes, I can view the login page as you have described before I login. However, there are no basic and advanced tabs on the login page as you have laid out above. After I login, I am directed to a page that only displays a status tab and no other tabs.

Edited by natlu (Sat 08-Feb-14 17:10:58)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:19:10
Print Post

Well, I repeat, your router is faulty!

Does it connect to the Internet anyway? If so, it is EE's Remote Config doing that. Did you ever set your BB username and password yourself? If so, you must have had the 'Basic Setup' tab once. So the router has decayed!

In deference to BatBoy, can you try another browser and switch your AV off for a mo' (you could disconnect the ADSL wire from the socket while you are doing so)?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:30:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by natlu:
The Wi fi can be picked up via a mobile phone.
Using the WiFi credentials printed on the Credit Card size card sent with router or on the label on underside of router? Have you ever set any settings yourself in the router or are you only relying on its default settings?

Not everything needs to be bust for the router to be bust in some way, particularly an important way like this.

Would you mind keeping to one thread only on this issue? It's so confusing!

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 08-Feb-14 18:11:33)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:43:41
Print Post

I can see from the various images what you are meaning > http://ipsite.org/1tu0

plusnet user
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 17:55:33
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

That's a BrightBox 2. Mine is not like that being a BrightBox 1 as shown here: http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?C...

I think the OP is saying he does see the 'Status' tab on the login page. The BB2 shows no tabs at all there.

@OP: Do you have the BrightBox 1 or 2? Which of our links fits best?

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 08-Feb-14 23:46:43)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Feb-14 22:22:28
Print Post

OP says:-
After some research online, I have managed to get into the status page online for the EE Brightbox

Item 5. is the Status page I think is meant by the OP??? (from images)

Both the Brightbox 1 and 2 have the three tabs showing in the GUI for each from what I can see in the images of Status page.
The OP will need to explain things in a bit more detail with regard to what exactly and where is being scene with regard to the GUI images from both the links.
Does Vista have a safe mode with internet use as in XP when pressing F8 in restart, if it has could the OP then check out the GUI for the Brightbox in use? [clutching at straws smiliey] tongue

plusnet user
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Feb-14 23:08:25
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Yes, Item 5 of both BBs is the Status page. It is always the landing page after logging in. But OP is not complaining about lack of Status page, but of the other 2 tabs which are the ones you need to perform any settings.
In reply to a post by Apprentice:
Both the Brightbox 1 and 2 have the three tabs showing in the GUI for each from what I can see in the images of Status page.
Yes, but the BB2 does not show any tabs on the login page while BB1 shows all 3. OP has stated he only sees 1 at login and subsequently, the Status tab. Therefore OP has BB1.

I can envisage easily what the OP is describing. Look at the BB1 login and status page images and cross out the tabs '| Basic Set-Up | Advanced Set-Up |'.

Don't see how Safe Mode would help. You can always isolate router.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to