General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User project_x_uk
(member) Fri 14-Feb-14 17:14:43
Print Post

finding out cabinet info

[link to this post]

Just moved to a new house just outside gobowen and want to find out when my local cabonet will get fttc. As this is the only one i can see in the town that dosent have fttc. Also is it poss to get moved to a fttc cabinet the next one is lime 200yrds down the road by co op. My isp is sky.cabinet 44
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Feb-14 17:23:08
Print Post

Re: finding out cabinet info

[re: project_x_uk] [link to this post]

Moved - only if you can afford to spend a few thousand pound on a network rearrangement will changing cabinet happen.

Have you checked where your postcode lies with regards to the BDUK project for your area? It may be you are outside the commercial area and just waiting for that project to deliver, or maybe too small a number of properties to even manage that.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User project_x_uk
(member) Thu 20-Feb-14 19:03:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

tried postcode but dosent like it due to it being a brand new house on a new estate.when using the map it just shows oswestry and that its accepting orders

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 20-Feb-14 20:11:48
Print Post

[re: project_x_uk] [link to this post]

In which case best you can do if databases don't recognise the postcode is to find the closest one that is recognised.

Or use Lat/Lng and look it up on the council sketch maps

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to