General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Sun 02-Mar-14 09:26:37
Print Post

BT HH connected but no BB - HELP please!

[link to this post]

My BB failed mid-surf last month. Red light on hub 2 but hub stats normal at 11mb down noise 6 attenuation 33. Call centre tried for an hour then said escalate second tier talking 48 hrs. Took 72 hours to tell me fault on line. He would guarantee fix in 48 hours. 48 hours later another call to guarantee fix in48 hours. Same again ... told yesterday it was fixed, I replied it was not. Then said he would send new Hub, then said he would not because there is fault on line, and major fault on exchange. He will call in 48 hours..... BT service status reports normal.
Anyone else think I need new Hub? Trying to send this on my kindle, my super neighbour lets me share his 37 talktalk fibre connection which costs him £1 a week more than I pay Bt for ADSL2 ...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Mar-14 10:02:03
Print Post

Re: BT HH connected but no BB - HELP please!

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Probably not the hub but an account/authentication issue with how bt wholesale verifies and routes you through their network

Have you checked that there are no billing errors?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Sun 02-Mar-14 11:48:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Tnx,, that did not occur to me. Called them again and am told there is fault in cabinet will take 3 days to fix... frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Mar-14 16:59:55
Print Post

Fault at cabinet would break the ADSL2+ signal and not do anything on authentication, sounds like a excuse rather than a diagnosis

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Mon 03-Mar-14 08:56:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes that makes sense. Hub has always had connection and stats remain normal. Second tier call centre guy also said I had requested shift to fibre ... I had not, and now have impression they haven't a clue. I shall wait to Wed as they request. Does anyone there have BT CEO email please?
(committed) Mon 03-Mar-14 10:59:52
Print Post

Bt engineer arrived out of the blue, checked all ok, thinks it is authentication issue, left to check at the exchange. Hoping ...
(committed) Mon 03-Mar-14 14:39:53
Print Post

BB service restored at lunchtime, it was indeed an authentication issue. How did Mr Saffron know the answer when BT's second tier advisers did not? At least the man in Bombay listened on Saturday and said he would have authentication investigated. Many thanks for your advice.

However, the past fortnight's experience with my neighbour's TT unlimited 37mb fibre connection confirms my departure from BT as soon as my contract ends. Brian pays £1 a week more than I pay for BT's Option 1 with 10Gb limit and up to 10Mb speed.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Mar-14 16:20:41
Print Post

I don't always get it right, in fact not sure of my hit rate, but after 14 years of this you do get a sixth sense

The hard bit is that as new is rolled out remembering those little oddities for the few people left on the old product are the key part.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Mar-14 17:33:32
Print Post

How did Mr Saffron know the answer when BT's second tier advisers did not?

Red light on hub 2 but hub stats normal at 11mb down noise 6 attenuation 33

If you are planning a jump to Talk Talk, based on poor customer service from BT retail, the phrase "out of the frying pan, and into the fire' springs to mind.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 03-Mar-14 17:58:30
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
How did Mr Saffron know the answer when BT's second tier advisers did not?

Red light on hub 2 but hub stats normal at 11mb down noise 6 attenuation 33

If you are planning a jump to Talk Talk, based on poor customer service from BT retail, the phrase "out of the frying pan, and into the fire inferno' springs to mind.

Corrected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to