General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PhotoFiend
(regular) Mon 10-Mar-14 13:46:25
Print Post

Bookmark software - what do you use to keep organised?

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I was just wondering what everyone uses and would recommend for firstly storing bookmarks but also keeping them organised and easy to maintain.

I use Firefox and Chrome browers and use XMarks to Firefox which I understand I can add to Chrome as well.

Is that the best way to keep them stored or is there better cross browser software out there?

Finally, is there a better way of showing them rather than the standard lists of text...something more visual, or easier to drag and drop etc?

Thanks! smile
Standard User PhotoFiend
(regular) Thu 13-Mar-14 23:58:58
Print Post

Re: Bookmark software - what do you use to keep organised?

[re: PhotoFiend] [link to this post]

Crikey, 65 views and no replies! I've been researching this issue and found an article that stated bookmarks may be dead and everyone just Google searches the website they are after now...maybe no-one uses bookmarks now.

Well, for those that still do, or happen to find this thread I thought I'd update what I've found.

For Firefox users there are 'Tab Groups' which should help with what I was describing, it's platform specific...I'm still looking for a good Chrome solution but Tab Groups for Firefox sounds like a good start.

See more info here - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tab-groups-organ...
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Mar-14 12:03:28
Print Post

Re: Bookmark software - what do you use to keep organised?

[re: PhotoFiend] [link to this post]

Questions like this always get an answer in "The Park". I still use bookmarks in Waterfox, my default browser. I have most of the other browsers installed for checking things, however mange without the equivalent facility in those.

http://speedtest.net/result/2459383290.png

Solar Results
Nov  143,  Dec  125,  Jan  77,  Feb 174,  Mar  210,  April 384, May 450, 
June 485, July 512, Aug 433, 
Max Day  25.2

Edited by philippercival (Sat 15-Mar-14 12:04:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to