General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 10-Mar-14 19:26:27
Print Post

No cables to connect broadband

[link to this post]

Hi, there is no cable in my flat to connect broadband or a land line. Any advice what to do?
Standard User vit0
(member) Mon 10-Mar-14 19:34:07
Print Post

Re: No cables to connect broadband

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No BT phone line? You'll have to get one installed. Unless you have a Virgin Media connection point outside your house, in which case you'l have to get them to install one.

Lee
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 10-Mar-14 19:39:20
Print Post

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

Please don't even start with virgin. I had my installation rescheduled 3 times and today they said for the third time that it was canceled because my flat is "non serviceable". My cable is in my room right now so I don't know what is their problem. The real problem is that other providers require a land line port and my flat does not have it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Mar-14 19:43:21
Print Post

For telephone based broadband services they will install the new telephone line into the property as part of the new line install.

If the property (flat?) has had Virgin Media cable before and its has the coax connector in place then should be able to get it again, but if this is a converted property, it may be Virgin Media is not aware of this and they usually only allow once connection per property.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brandscill
(member) Wed 12-Mar-14 08:26:23
Print Post

Ring the cancellations team at virgin and explain the situation. They often offer more sense than most and will hopefully be able to explain the situation and take account of the fact there is already a virgin box there.

It'll be cheaper than paying BT for a new phone line (unless someone has a deal on that waves the cost)
  Print Thread

Jump to