General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Thu 27-Mar-14 14:44:51
Print Post

Line Provide with Broadband || Help Required

[link to this post]

Afternoon all, I'm hoping someone can help as a family member has a problem. I'll explain the issues below and thanks in advance for any help...

A family member has just moved in to a property and they require a phone line with broadband services. The problem is that an active line including Broadband with TalkTalk is active at the property. The account is in the previous residents name and TalkTalk will not discuss the account nor cancel it due to data protection. We have explained the problem to TalkTalk and they've just said that you need to contact the previous resident and ask them to cancel the services but we don't know who they are and TalkTalk won't help any further!

My family wish to take up an offer for Talk and Broadband with Sky but we know that if we processed an order with Sky then it will obviously fail due to the customer details being different and we are not sure if we would need a MAC of which we can't get from TalkTalk due to the account being in a different name...

What can be done in this situation?
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Mar-14 15:11:44
Print Post

Re: Line Provide with Broadband || Help Required

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shaneosborne:
What can be done in this situation?
Get another line installed? I think some companies (the Post Office) were doing that for free a while back. Presumably someone is still paying TalkTalk for the existing line. Once they stop I assume that's that.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Mar-14 15:32:48
Print Post

Re: Line Provide with Broadband || Help Required

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

Process is that Sky should handle everything. Basically go ahead and order with Sky and only if they start to be difficult do you try and explain things.

Current system for full LLU to full LLU works in a way that you can gazump an existing connection, and no need for a MAC.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to