General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Mar-14 08:42:09
Print Post

How does LLU migrations work?

[link to this post]

Ive been on TT LLU now for a number of years, and changed ISPs a few times who have all used TT LLU. During the migration i understand no one needs to come out to the exchange as its the same kit used, however how does the "switch over" happen at the other end? Is there a physical cable they have to plug into the new ISPs routers, or is it all controlled with software?

I remember when changing from adsl24 to coms (when adsl24 was sold to coms) that both my adsl24 and coms connections work simultaneously for a short period which i dont quite understand how
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Sun 30-Mar-14 09:10:20
Print Post

Re: How does LLU migrations work?

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

If they all use the samE TT LLU then presumably its just a case if TT reconfiguring your connection to route to a different ISP, much the same a BT Wholesale might.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Mar-14 09:22:51
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

So is that routing done physically by swapping cables around?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 30-Mar-14 09:26:51
Print Post

I migrated from TalkTalk residential (full LLU) to TalkTalk business (full LLU) last week and an engineer was definitely required at the exchange - line was down for an hour or so on migration day. According to TT business this was because TTB service runs on a different configuration than the residential offering eg higher network priority and their engineer needs to reconfigure the line card. So you may require an engineer visit at the exchange.

--------------------------------
TalkTalkBusiness LLU 17 meg
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Mar-14 10:53:30
Print Post

No - it's a config change only, assuming you're staying on the same Wholesaler's MSAN - which if you're on TT LLU each time you will be.

wink Comms is hard wink
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Mar-14 14:07:08
Print Post

Don't know about TT but in had both be retail and wholesale login's running side by side, for a short time, when i switched ISP no loss of sync either, but that was SMPF partial LLU ,
If you had both phone and dsl FMPF LLU with tt and wanted the voice with another provider, or the voice had to be moved to WRL3 platform, this would require an engineer to re config the connection at the exchange , But switching between ISP's that supply the same wholesale service via the same LLU kit be that just asdl or adsl & voice , as long as the SMPF or FMPF stays the same no engineer should be needed

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 30-Mar-14 14:08:02)

Print Thread

Jump to