General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sat 26-Apr-14 19:55:03
Print Post

Please explain a "resellers own network"

[link to this post]

Hi all

Lets presume that a reseller (lets call it Adsl4u) resells TTB and Daisy. I connect to my exchange, it then goes into a TTB or Daisy router (or whatever) travels along the wholesalers lines and then onto a datacentre and links into the internet.

Adsl4u then make the grand announcement "we now have our own super duper network using Cisco switches enabling to control things better".

Just what does this mean and how does it work. Where does their network fit in and at what stage.?

Taking a real life example, Xilo resell TTB, but own their on network. So as above how does it affect things?

many thanks

Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User carrobesit
(newbie) Sun 27-Apr-14 13:59:46
Print Post

Re: Please explain a "resellers own network"

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

I work with a telecoms provider who is in the same position - they use TTB's LLU kit in the exchanges, but it's their own network behind it.

Basically, your signal goes out from your line via TTB's LLU kit, and possibly as far as the datacentre on their backhaul. Certainly at the datacentre end, it is on your provider's own equipment and peering links rather than TTB's which is where their "own network" comes into play.

Hope that helps,

Rob.
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sun 27-Apr-14 18:15:18
Print Post

[re: carrobesit] [link to this post]

Yes, it does, thanks for that Rob!

woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User carrobesit
(newbie) Mon 28-Apr-14 16:42:03
Print Post

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

No problem smile
  Print Thread

Jump to