General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fumbledore
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 13:23:59
Print Post

Broadband packages

[link to this post]

I have been browsing BT's web site for Broadband deals, and I notice that they offer BT Broadband and BT Broadband Extra (I am in a fibre enabled area, but too far for it to be offered to me). Both these packages offer the same extras and download limits, but the price is different so what is the difference between these two packages?
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Apr-14 13:33:45
Print Post

Re: Broadband packages

[re: Fumbledore] [link to this post]

I think it could just be this security package which comes with BT Extra???

plusnet user
Standard User Fumbledore
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 13:40:14
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Yup. Missed that. Guess that's the reason. Now what is the difference between Broadband and the Faster Broadband package which they offer to a non fibre qualifying customer? (Yes I know it would be faster, but how come if I cannot get Infinity?)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 30-Apr-14 13:50:36
Print Post

Broadband is the ADSL2+ based service
Faster Broadband is offered to those whose speed estimate for a FTTC service is below 15 Mbps.

i.e. rather than affect their averages on the Infinity product they sell you a product that uses the same tech, but without the expectation of all the shiny baubles of speed from the Infinity adverts, i.e. it is expectation management

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fumbledore
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 15:44:22
Print Post

Thank you Andrew. That would explain why it's expensive compared to their regular Broadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to