General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jward2503
(newbie) Fri 30-May-14 21:54:43
Print Post

Re: Exchange Only - What Hope

[link to this post]

Hello, in June this year we are due to receive fibre but every house in the village is served by e/o lines so i am wondering if they will install a PCP and d slam cab out side our exchange which i am unsure of where it is and if bt have plans to do fttc or fttp could someone tell me if i will be able to receive it many thanks jamie i live in Kirby Misperton if that helps

Edited by jward2503 (Fri 30-May-14 21:57:19)

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sat 31-May-14 04:31:17
Print Post

[re: jward2503] [link to this post]

If the whole village is E/O

then they will put cabs and reroute your line through it

or put fibre notes and go full FTTP (i doubt this).

Standard User jward2503
(newbie) Sat 31-May-14 15:01:43
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

what speed can i expect to receive if they put the cabs outside the exchange it would be about 0.3 miles away about 0.482km

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 31-May-14 15:22:07
Print Post

Every house?
Address STREET SIDE DSLAM CAB NNBGJT, KIRBY MISPERTON ROAD, KIRBY MISPERTON, MALTON, YO17 6XR on Exchange KIRBY MISPERTON is served by Cabinet 3

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User jward2503
(newbie) Sat 31-May-14 16:39:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

When I put my phone number into the Adsl checker it says 01653669xxx Is on exchange Kirby misperton also it's the same for the other people I know lots of people and have checked their number and says on exchange Kirby misperton there Is a cab at a junction between malton and Pickering this serves a few properties on a road ending checked the phone number on Adsl checker?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 31-May-14 16:52:38
Print Post

The DSLAM is what you need for FTTC, so maybe it's being installed? That also indicates there are at least 2 other cabinets.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User jward2503
(newbie) Sat 31-May-14 17:17:01
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I saw bt and northern grid diggin the road up and after there was a fresh Tarmac line from the thing in the ground going across the road so I'm not sure iv seen a lot of by vans in the area not doing anything it seems to have no activity now :/

Edited by jward2503 (Sat 31-May-14 17:18:23)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Nov-14 13:10:29
Print Post

Exchange Name: KIRBY MISPERTON
Forecast date: December 2014

Your area will be enabled within the next six months and we’ll provide more details nearer the time. At the moment you can’t order Superfast Fibre.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to