General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bladerider666
(learned) Wed 11-Jun-14 12:21:34
Print Post

Powerline adapter

[link to this post]

Hi ppl, I'm having a little issue and would love some advice. I have bt unlimited fibre, stats are 59meg down and 19meg up. Problem I have is wireless connection to my xbox one, now the wireless connection is only 71% strength and has connection of 40meg down and 16meg up. However every 4 dats or so the xbox won't connect to the hub but everything else connected is fine. (I'm also now on my 3rd hub 5) I wanted to have people thoughts on powerline adapters to give me stronger connection and no more hub resetting...thanks ppl it's driving me nuts lol

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Jun-14 13:04:11
Print Post

Re: Powerline adapter

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

I use a Devolo 500 Network Kit & get very good reception throughout my house.

The throughput, between the adaptors, always greatly exceeds 100M & I don't suffer from Drop-Outs.

Although I'm not on Fibre, I am on a very strong ADSL connection (typ 18M) & these Adaptors have, effectively, become "transparent" (NB:- because of that, I've never tried to run an actual speedtest on the WiFi connections).

However, I'm not into gaming - hence I'm not able to confirm their performance in that role!

Regards,
John
Standard User bladerider666
(regular) Wed 11-Jun-14 22:24:03
Print Post

Re: Powerline adapter

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

That's a fair bit money and more than I thought to spend. I was looking at a zyxel pla4201 kit

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to