General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Thu 12-Jun-14 11:08:13
Print Post

BT UK support ... well, via UK landline

[link to this post]

From some advertising guff sent me today, BT has realised that many customers prefer UK call centres to those in India:
Freephone support we give all our customers support through our 24/7 helpline from a UK landline.

Of course anyone would realise that the "24/7 helpline from a UK landline" would lead to Bangalore, wouldn't they? smile
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 12-Jun-14 12:04:46
Print Post

Re: BT UK support ... well, via UK landline

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
From some advertising guff sent me today, BT has realised that many customers prefer UK call centres to those in India:
Freephone support we give all our customers support through our 24/7 helpline from a UK landline.

Of course anyone would realise that the "24/7 helpline from a UK landline" would lead to Bangalore, wouldn't they? smile

There is nothing there to suggest the support is in the UK. All it does is tell customers that calls from UK landlines are free. Anyone who reads that and believes support is UK based needs to go back to their English lessons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-Jun-14 12:23:35
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
There is nothing there to suggest the support is in the UK. All it does is tell customers that calls from UK landlines are free. Anyone who reads that and believes support is UK based needs to go back to their English lessons.

Given that the freephone support is only avilable from a landline, I think that sentence would read much better if "freephone" and "landline" were not at opposite ends of the sentence.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-Jun-14 17:58:39
Print Post

I wonder how the ASA would regard this if it were reported.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Thu 12-Jun-14 18:57:06
Print Post

i was sure most of the time i've phone it has been a uk call centre (liverpool?)

Print Thread

Jump to