General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steelrat51
(learned) Mon 07-Jul-14 10:53:23
Print Post

Swanage FTTC

[link to this post]

Hello so I waited a long time for faster broadband in my town of Basingstoke and finally got it this year, only to decide we are moving to Swanage which does not have FTTC :-< however the exchange is marked as coming soon between June and Sept this year, when I walk around Swanage I see that the mini fibre cabs are installed but not available is anyone able to help me understand what the hold up might be? (thinking MrSaffron will know :->)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jul-14 22:23:38
Print Post

Re: Swanage FTTC

[re: steelrat51] [link to this post]

Not unusual for it to take a few months from a cab being stood to actually having all the other bits of fibre and power done.

General rule is if FTTC is important ONLY move to a property that already has it, or worst case the checker says it is available. DO NOT bank on future promises.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User steelrat51
(learned) Tue 08-Jul-14 12:31:27
Print Post

Re: Swanage FTTC

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks was only asking as wondered if you had more information, yes broadband FTTC is important to me, however jobs, kids school, wife all come before me so the move was going to happen regardless of the desire to have a decent broadband link.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to