General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobS22
(newbie) Wed 16-Jul-14 18:54:16
Print Post

Broadband Quality Monitoring

[link to this post]

Just after some help if possible. We live about 5km from teh exchange, but have had a stable connection for 7 years syncing at abot 1,900kbps. About 3 months ago the throughput and scyn speed dropped to teh point it was useless. After a number of BT visits they have declared it a REIN issue and out of their control. the source is 400m from my line and affects no one else who I know of (few houses around).

The BWM has produced th following graph:

My Broadband Ping

And comments?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Jul-14 18:55:18
Print Post

Re: Broadband Quality Monitoring

[re: RobS22] [link to this post]

Did they identify the source?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Jul-14 20:08:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If it is bad REIN then an AM radio might help to pin point source

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/videos/broadband-inter...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Jul-14 07:28:59
Print Post

[re: RobS22] [link to this post]

I doubt it is REIN, on such a long line/weak signal it would be all over your immediate neighbours connections too.

Standard User RobS22
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 18:31:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I am not sure whether they identified the source or not. They told me that they had made an appointment to visit the property that was causing the problem, but the the owner refused to turn the equipment off. I have asked my ISP to get some more details but they are refusing to release this information.

I do not believe that only my line can be affected so have asked via my ISP to find out if anyone else is having the same issue. I have spoken to a neighbour who is closer to the source and to the exchange and they are not seeing an issue.

The problem is that BT have diagnosed it as a REIN issue and as the owner of the source is refusing to switch it off there is nothing more that can be done.

This is the latest graph

My Broadband Ping
  Print Thread

Jump to