General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 20-Jul-14 15:45:55
Print Post

Murdoch selling Sky

[link to this post]

BSkyB could agree a deal in the next two weeks to buy Rupert Murdoch's Sky Italia and his stake in Sky Deutschland, the Sunday Times reported.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:18:21
Print Post

Re: Murdoch selling Sky

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

?
But the UK BSkyB that he owns 39% of is buying them smile.

I'm not sure what would fit in the Subject field, but I don't think it quite describes what is happening.

Edit - "sky and the Sky trademarks are owned by British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and Sky IP International Limited" from Sky UK website.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 20-Jul-14 16:21:48)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:25:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I don't think it quite describes what is happening
On the contrary, I think it accurately describes what is happening.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:38:03
Print Post

Can't you two give it a rest?

Zen Business Talk - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Jul-14 16:56:31
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I beg your pardon? What do you mean?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(experienced) Sun 20-Jul-14 17:14:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

All the nitpicking that the likes of Battyboy insist upon gets the back up of many. Continually back and forth with a 'I know better' over what is trivia must drive many away from TBB. Most remember BSB and the Squariel. It floundered and was absorbed by Sky. That's near enough for most. it Plus the OP is old 'news' to me, which makes history wink

Edited by professor973 (Sun 20-Jul-14 17:16:11)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 23-Jul-14 22:58:03
Print Post

In future Fox could decide to increase its 39 per cent stake in BSkyB, a move that hit political – but not regulatory – obstacles in 2011, or to sell out of European distribution altogether by finding a telecom buyer.

Telecoms operators have shown increased interest in TV assets. Spain’s Telefónica this month agreed to invest in the pay-TV business of Italy’s Mediaset.

Vodafone, which has large operations in the UK, Germany and Italy, would be one potential buyer of Sky Europe.

“Many view a sale of Sky to a telco as its ultimate and best end game,” said Claudio Aspesi, an analyst at Bernstein.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Jul-14 00:58:26
Print Post

Puzzling. I shall see what else I can find "later", as the link is paywalled.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 25-Jul-14 08:34:07
Print Post

Murdoch Agrees to Sell Italy, German Pay-TV Stakes to BSkyB
Kristen Schweizer and Anousha SakouiJul 25, 2014 2:07 am ET

July 25 (Bloomberg) -- Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox Inc. agreed to sell its pay-TV businesses in Italy and Germany for 4.9 billion pounds ($8.3 billion) in cash plus assets, gaining funds to raise an $80 billion takeover bid for Time Warner Inc.

British Sky Broadcasting Group Plc, which is 39 percent owned by Fox, will acquire Fox’s wholly owned Sky Italia unit for 2.07 billion pounds in cash plus a stake in National Geographic Channel, Isleworth, England-based BSkyB said in a statement today. BSkyB will buy Fox’s 57.4 percent stake in Sky Deutschland AG for 2.9 billion pounds.

The sale will give Murdoch, 83, ammunition as he weighs how much he can increase his $85-a-share bid for Time Warner without jeopardizing New York-based Fox’s investment-grade credit rating. BSkyB gains leverage, becoming a European satellite and cable service with almost 20 million subscribers, as it negotiates for right to sports and entertainment.

(experienced) Fri 25-Jul-14 09:04:32
Print Post

Why no mention of Murdoch's News Corporation owning 39.1% of BSkyB. So he buying/selling to himself. Just switching ownership from one company that has had its time, to one that soon will.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to