General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User staceyh
(newbie) Sat 16-Aug-14 15:31:29
Print Post

Calling talktalk

[link to this post]

THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WHEN YOU CALL TALK TALK UP THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU OR YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM. WHAT SHOULD TAKE A 10 MINUTE CALL ENDS UP TAKING 30 MINUTES. AND THAT CAUSED ME TO CANCEL FIBRE OPTIC. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-Aug-14 16:05:32
Print Post

Re: Calling talktalk

[re: staceyh] [link to this post]

No need to shout! All caps is generally taken as shouting online.

What was the thing they could not answer?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Aug-14 16:13:15
Print Post

Why shout at us? We done nothing. We here to help.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Sat 16-Aug-14 19:05:31
Print Post

TalkTalk have always been useless on the phone...

I had same experience and cancelled because of it too.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do, you are better of having a rant on their Twitter or even the forums on talktalk's website.

@networkmclaren -- Please Don't under estimate my knowledge.
Ain't nothin' gonna to break my stride, Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no, I got to keep on movin'
VirginMedia HFC 152/12 > Super Hub V2 (Router Mode)
My Ookla Speedtest My TBB Speedtest Ookla Ping Test My O2 Mobile Speed Test (Bypass APN)
My Rapidswitch BQM My AAISP BQM My TBB BQM
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Aug-14 13:39:05
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Calling TalkTalk has always been a chore, I knew this when I signed up for a pretty good deal of theirs years ago. Luckily I have only had one outage, however, what was a fault at the exchange which was almost proved positive by them in the first call, took over 20 days to sort, a lot of calls to TalkTalk, a lot of time and a lot of patience, there is no point at shouting at someone who can't understand you or the problem, it's not really their fault that they are shoved into a booth with a screen, keyboard and script to follow, and if you don't go "up the tree", then it's pretty much a waste of time.

Calling the UK Director directly on his phone is a good plan if you can get it, which I nearly managed to do, however, I did get his genuine PA, who said he was "busy", but she promised a return call from him, which I got!! !!
Once you do get high enough, you will find things move relatively quickly. !!!

However, 20 days plus with no broadband was enough for me, and as my contract is up at the end of August, I will be looking to move again, probably to BT, at least then the phone line will be clear again with no echo's etc.

Worst thing we did was move both lines over to TalkTalk, I knew we should have kept at least one with BT, but we were on an economical drive at the time so it served its purpose, now things are back to normal again, so roll on the end of the month!

Regards,
Trevor

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13872...
2 x TalkTalk upto 38mb FTTC lines, current speeds a good 37mbps on each one.(hiding behind an assortment of Asus RT-N66U Dual Band, DGND3700v2 Dual Band, DG834PN and DGN2000 routers) on: a Win7 64 Ult (RTM) Desktop, Win8 x64 Pro (RTM) ) Desktop & Win 8 x64 Pro (RTM) Laptop, 3 x iPads, 1 x Archos 700, assorted Printers and Mobile phones etc and an 8ch CCTV system embedded into the Network.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 17-Aug-14 18:44:18
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TrevorSP:
I will be looking to move again, probably to BT, at least then the phone line will be clear again with no echo's etc.

You could always move to talktalk Business. I moved from their residential offering to their business arm and the difference in phone support is like day & night...almost on a par with AAISP and certainly as good as the likes of Zen and IDNET. They aint cheap tho frown

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps