General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mittenkrust
(member) Thu 28-Aug-14 15:51:05
Print Post

Plusnet to Sky fibre, any real difference in setup and speed

[link to this post]

I get 78 meg with Plusnet but sky quoted me only 62 meg(I live about 100 yards from cabinet)

Also have install questions, do I get an engineer out like with Plusnet as the documentation doesnt make that clear, also on that note has the Sky one got a built in modem, just fiddly at the moment with 2 boxes.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Aug-14 16:19:52
Print Post

Re: Plusnet to Sky fibre, any real difference in setup and s

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

Sky is usually self install NOW but they may still send engineer out IF ordering the £30/month variant over the phone. So best to ask them. If its the 40/10 £20/month service then definitely self install.

The connection speeds should be pretty much the same, since its the same cabinet/line and hardware at cabinet end. There may be variations down to how well different modem at your end copes with the line.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mittenkrust
(member) Fri 29-Aug-14 00:37:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Its the 80 meg one I ordered, so the only question left is is the modem integrated into the router or is it seperate like the Plusnet one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(committed) Fri 29-Aug-14 07:45:59
Print Post

[re: mittenkrust] [link to this post]

I saw my mates Sky Fibre box last night (installed last week) and it was all integrated.

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
  Print Thread

Jump to