General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Computerman142
(member) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:21:55
Print Post

Cabinet door open

[link to this post]

Hi,

Today on my way to York I went past Cabinet 15 on the Selby exchange and noticed that the doors were wide open there were no engineer vans no nothing, my friend who I was with at the time told me when we went past earlier at about 1pm saw the doors open but a BT Openreach engineer at the cab. So I thought to myself shall I shut the doors as it was raining quite heavily and has been all day but decided agaisnt it and if they will still open I may when i get back. After coming home about 10 minutes ago the cab doors were still open. I haven't gone to shut the door as i though its not my responsibility to make sure it shut and it someone could spot me and report me as they may think I doing something in the cab eg steeling copper.

How do I go about reporting this to Openreach, they seem to have changed there page and want me to ring them is there any way i can chat to them live or email them.

Thanks

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL Cabinet 6

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC estimated 40/2 - Currently getting 25Mbps/2Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 21:36:09
Print Post

Re: Cabinet door open

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

You could try http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback.... but you'd probably get better response writing to Santa. I'd suggest either phone or forget it
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 21:39:08
Print Post

I reported a similar thing with a nearby Virgin box a few weeks ago, the door was hanging off and the electrics exposed. It took them a couple of weeks to sort it, even then it was only a temporary fix as they'd strapped a series of cable ties round the whole thing to hold the door in place.

I found a form on the Virgin web site that covered the situation. They've never did acknowledge my report though.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chris6273
(committed) Sat 30-Aug-14 02:58:15
Print Post

You are looking for Option 1 on the 0800 023 2023 number for Openreach which covers:

Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas),
Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles,
Damaged green cabinets and/or open doors on them,
Damaged telephone poles (e.g. poles leaning at awkward angles, or poles that have been completely smashed to the ground),
Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers,

I've used it before when there was a low telephone cable from a pole to a house hitting the top of a double decker I was on. They got it sorted pretty quickly for obvious reasons - Could have done some serious damage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Aug-14 14:41:00
Print Post

The Openreach website has contact details but be aware that the couple of times I've used them they've insisted on being given an address or at least a postcode. They won't accept the cabinet number :-/

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Computerman142
(member) Sat 30-Aug-14 20:45:09
Print Post

Thanks for the suggestions, i found a a contact form on Openreach site yesterday for messy works site or things that haven't been put back to what they are meant to be and i think that's fixed the issue. This morning the cab doors were still open but when I came back this evening they were shut.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL Cabinet 6

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC estimated 40/2 - Currently getting 25Mbps/2Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.
  Print Thread

Jump to