General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 12:33:29
Print Post

MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring

[link to this post]

This has been live for a few days now but the forum posts are hosted on the Fibre section HERE and there is a lot of information available about the site. It's been developed by users BaldEagle1, tbailey2 and Ronski over the past few months.

We need some ADSL users as everyone currently using it is, understandably, on Fibre at the moment. It has been checked on one ADSL user but we'd like some more users to check it's all working. The site has the big advantage that if you upload your stats to it, then everyone can see them LIVE and make comments if wanted.

Please have a look at the site and Register if you want to be part of it.

MyDSLWebStats

Note that it only works at the moment with the HG612 Modem Stats program and needs Windows to run but roseway is sorting DSLStats to use with it and that will allow both Windows and Linux users to join in.

There is more information available on the separate upload program on the Kitz forum HERE for the HG612 Modem Stats program - look for the 'V4 beta' post.

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 32 / 8.5Mbps
HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats

Edited by tbailey2 (Mon 01-Sep-14 13:50:07)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Sep-14 14:10:18
Print Post

Re: MyDSLWebStats - Remote Web-based Monitoring

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

confused
In reply to a post by tbailey2:
We need some ADSL users as everyone currently using it is, understandably, on Fibre at the moment
Note that it only works at the moment with the HG612 Modem Stats program
Aren;t the modems you support all VDSL modems, which an ADSL user wouldn't have?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Sep-14 14:28:33
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Believe an unlocked HG612 will support ADSL2+

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Sep-14 14:39:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, I know. But altho' it is possible for an ADSL user to use one, it is extremely unlikely that he will have one.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 15:30:54
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Yes, I know. But altho' it is possible for an ADSL user to use one, it is extremely unlikely that he will have one.

The post was really made to alert people in advance of roseway's DSLStats working with it. They can still Register and see what facilities are available though.

It's quite possible no one is currently using an unlocked HG612 or other supported modem for ADSL, but we don't know that until we ask....

Tony

HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(experienced) Mon 01-Sep-14 17:29:40
Print Post

The Windows based HG612 Modem Stats program does work with some Broadcom based modem/routers on ADSL connections already.

Basically, most Broadcom based modems or modem/routers using xdslcmd or adsl telnet commands can be made to work with HG612 Modem Stats on VDSL or ADSL connections.

Currently, listed & user selectable modems are:-

Huawei HG610, HG612, HG622 (use xdslcmd telnet commands)
Xyxel VMG8324-B10A (uses adsl telnet commands)
Billion BiPAC 8800NL (uses adsl telnet commands)

If your modem or modem/router is not listed, trying one of the makes that use xdslcmd or adsl telnet commands usually works.

If you do try the programs successfully with your particular modem modem/router, please let me know its name & which type of telnet commands it uses & I'll get its name added to the selectable modem list.

I believe some Broadcom based Netgear modems need an additional 'special' command to enable telnet access.
I should be able to sort that out too.

As I don't have access to an ADSL connection for testing, a little patience may be required for any 'tweaking' necessary to ensure compatibility.

Edited by Bald_Eagle1 (Mon 01-Sep-14 17:31:14)

Standard User ian007jen
(member) Mon 01-Sep-14 18:59:37
Print Post

It's quite possible no one is currently using an unlocked HG612 or other supported modem for ADSL, but we don't know that until we ask....

I have registered smile and i'm an adsl hg612 user

Is it possible to upload data from the last few months ?

Ian
Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 01-Sep-14 19:09:27
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Well done, my faith was not misplaced then!

I'll PM you....

Tony

HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats
Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Sun 07-Sep-14 11:38:50
Print Post

Please note:

Beta version 4.0 programs of HG612 Modem Stats and the GUI are available to existing V3 users & can be downloaded/installed via the GUI if "Receive beta updates" is ticked in the "Help & About" tab.

These updates include some programming improvements & graphing 'enhancements'.

They are also needed to enable uploading of ADSL & VDSL data (for Registered users) to MyDSLWebStats online data store/graphical stats display if you want to use it as many people now are.

New users can download V3 of HG612 Modem Stats from the Freeware Files Download site

Tony

HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats
Standard User tbailey2
(committed) Mon 08-Sep-14 09:50:29
Print Post

There is now a further beta update available to 4.0.0.1 (make sure you have Receive Beta Updates checked under Help & About / Program versions & updates in the GUI)

Tony

HG612/Technicolor
MyDSLWebStats
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to