General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fifispad
(newbie) Wed 03-Sep-14 22:17:34
Print Post

new broadband installation

[link to this post]

I have just installed broadband in my flat but master socket is in cupboard in the hall and all "phone sockets" throughout flat appear to be for data cables? Talk Talk have said I will need to pay £50 for an engineer to come and give me an extension socket. Is there any other option?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Sep-14 22:33:44
Print Post

Re: new broadband installation

[re: Fifispad] [link to this post]

Photos may help to confirm things.

1 phone socket in a cupboard and just data sockets is odd. Is the a panel with lots of these data sockets in the cupboard too?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-Sep-14 22:47:00
Print Post

[re: Fifispad] [link to this post]

As MrSaffron says, plus - you are allowed to install extensions and it is quite easy.

Given the wiring that already exists and some photos of where the wires connect, as he requested, we can probably talk you through sorting it out. Cost, £2-3 for a cheap tool readily available online or most DIY/computer shops.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Sep-14 08:26:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Am thinking there is a patch panel and use of rj11 to bt plug would suffice for phones

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Sep-14 21:11:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah, right. Gotcha now smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to