General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 00:45:35
Print Post

Openreach/Fibre Database Error - Pulling my hair out! HELP.

[link to this post]

]Hi there.

I have Sky Fibre Pro with an 80/20 connection.

I am trying to switch fibre supplier but when I use the availability checker on any company such as BT Infinity, Sky, Talk Talk etc they all say its not available.

I explained to BT that I already have fibre but they insist I'm mistaken and that its not available and my local exchange is not enabled. I even checked with Sky themselves pretending to be a new customer and even they say its not available! Crazy. I told them I am looking at the Openreach Modem and they replied that was impossible.

I explained to BT that it must be a database error but as the 'computer says no' they just will not help depsite me requesting the issue be escalated.

I had an Openreach engineer here last week to fix an error and they told me it must be an database problem. He even checked the cabinet (no.53 on the Cleckheaton exchange) and told me there is plenty of spare capacity in the cabinet.

As I say - I can confrim I have sky fibre pro and get a perfect 80/20 connection. I live quite close to the exchange. BT even say the cleckheaton exchange isn't fibre activated - total rubbish!

Can anyone please help me out and gives me any clues as to what the hell the problem is.

Right I'm off to watch a film of course streamed via the fibre connection I apparently havent got lol.

Many thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Nov-14 09:23:59
Print Post

Re: Openreach/Fibre Database Error - Pulling my hair out! HE

[re: timamb] [link to this post]

Address 12 MOORSIDE RISE, CLECKHEATON, BD19 6AA on Exchange CLECKHEATON is served by Cabinet 53

FTTC Range A (Clean) 60.4 43 16.8 10.6 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 51.2 29.8 16.8 7.7 -- Available

Certainly available, if you are checking with telephone number since Sky Fibre has full LLU for the phone line the BT checkers will not recognise you and you have to check using the address. If the sales agent just checks with a postcode and NOT full address they can sometimes say its not available, since a postcode can be served by several cabinets.

What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for your address.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 09:31:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your reply. This is what I get:

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Note: The DP is external to the end user premises.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Nov-14 10:59:39
Print Post

Odd - email me your details and will try to prod Openreach

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 19-Nov-14 11:57:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi. I've sent an email to the email address listed in your profile.

Tim
Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 26-Nov-14 13:51:03
Print Post

Hi MrSaffron

Sorry to bother you. Were you able to find out anything with regards to Openreach?

King regards

TB-C
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 18:04:13
Print Post

If you are with sky it comes up you can't get any other FTTC services with phone number search

only with postcode.

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Nov-14 18:12:45
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Postcode searches cannot be replied upon. The full address is the way to go if it's an LLU phone number.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Nov-14 19:04:33
Print Post

Nothing yet, have left email open and will prod in the morning

Standard User timamb
(newbie) Wed 26-Nov-14 20:38:15
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Even Sky say I can't get it and I've already got it! They say not available!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to